Saturday, October 2, 2010

On the Cusp of . . .

Hmmm. On the cusp of a change? inspiration? an epiphany? Well, I guess I am on the cusp of something and that is what matters most. I've seen the idea of a Project 365 pop up here and there as I have perused the Internet in my spare time, but it wasn't until a few days ago that I really started to think about and consider doing it. As I understand it, a Project 365 is one year of your life where you take at least one photo every day for a year to document your life. Sounds simple enough - simple enough to start anyway. I know me better than almost anyone, so when I decided to undertake this challenge, I knew I would need an incentive to finish what I start - hence my plunge into the wonderful world of blogging.
Life has been really hard lately and for the past couple years there has been this nagging feeling that I am not doing exactly what I should be. I'm like that photograph you want to frame but I am just a hair too small to fit in the mat and every time you walk past me hanging on the wall, you think "gee, what a neat photo" but you really walk away wishing you had the time and inclination to cut a new mat. In other words - really really close but just not quite right. So, the question has become - what am I supposed to be doing? Where do I fit in? Well, to answer that question, we must first answer a couple more basic questions. Where do I want to be? What do I want out of life? Who AM I?

(Notice the dramatic line break? Oh yeah - I did that on purpose.) I can't answer that question. I am not quite sure who I am right now. But in this next year, I am hoping to find out. No more quiet Ezzy being swept away with the tide. No more punk one day and princess the next! My husband Josh would say "I am a fork-potato-foot no more!" (Don't ask - just trust me.) So here I go. Coming October 11, Project 365 - Ezzy Schezzy style!

No comments:

Post a Comment