Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 13 - The Rains They Are a'Comin'

Although autumn (the season) technically lasts from September 21 through December 21, the vivid foliage colors only last a couple weeks. When I woke this morning, partial cloud cover made for some absolutely delicious light and I decided to try to capture what I hoped would not be the last of the fall color this year. But lo and behold when I put the photos on my computer they were very greenish -  not fall-ish at all. You can imagine my disappointment as, by the time I realized this, it was dark. So I am praying for low winds and gentle rain tonight. I'm not, however, holding my breath. (A purple Ezzy would not be a good Ezzy.)
So instead of sharing a beautiful photograph documenting some of the last fall beauty this year, I will share one of photographs I took during a portrait session this afternoon -



The Root's - if any of you read this, thank you so much! I had a wonderful time this afternoon.

The thing about portrait photography is it is a natural high to me. Seeing people smile and interact with each other makes me feel like I have an in. I have the unique opportunity to capture someone as they truly are. Sure maybe the first few poses are a little stiff sometimes or maybe the wind is blowing too hard or the sun is shining in a wrong spot at the wrong time so the photo doesn't come out quite like I'd hoped, but at the end of each session, I get in the car and drive home smiling.
Thank you to any of you who have given me this beautiful opportunity and also to those of you I will photograph in the future. I am blessed that you allow me to capture your essence.

Well, dear friends, the rains are coming so snuggle up next to your loved ones and blessed dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment