Saturday, October 16, 2010

Days 5 and 6 - Weird and Weirder

I didn't manage to post anything yesterday because I was putting together the contemporary service that is happening at my church tomorrow. But rest assured I did take my photograph -


Yesterday's theme was really "just make it to the weekend." Yes! (insert elbow-to-knee move here.) I did reach the weekend so literally, the sky is the limit! Click on this photo so you can see it bigger - there is actually detail in the moon and it is quite beautiful even if I do say so myself.

Today was a little harder. If I thought yesterday strained the edges of credulity (as in "I can't believe this is my life") then today did so even more. It started out pretty great. Waking up without an alarm blaring, cinnamon rolls and coffee for breakfast, photo session with a friend from work that went really well, gorgeous weather . . . what more could an autumn-loving wannabe photographer want? Well, not lethargy after lunch, I can tell you that. I don't know what it is about me that feels such a need to freeze when I have so much to do. I think really, I had a couple big projects I really wanted to tackle today and felt I had neither the time nor the resources to accomplish them. So I was a couch potato for a while then I worked on some computer stuff and then had a really nice dinner with my dad and Kelly, but it was still a strange and kind of disappointing day. But, on the plus side, here is what I have to make it better -

Behold my day 6 photo. That's Josh. He makes my life better. I don't know how he puts up with me. but he does. (My apologies to Scot - I didn't use your photo today, but I surely will at some point. I'm sorry for making you pose for me needlessly!)

Blessings on your weekend friends! May your travels be safe and your resting restful!

No comments:

Post a Comment