Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 9 - About time for a rant . . .

I'm not a fan of politics. I don't keep up with them and typically, any information I have about a politician or his/her campaign I get from Josh who, thankfully, is way more informed than I. But today, I am having a REALLY?!?!? moment. So here it goes. Today when I got home form work I checked the mail and found this --


That's right. Not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR political fliers. REALLY?!?! Four? It wouldn't be a big deal but I have gotten at least two a day for the last two weeks and I have had it. All these stupid things do is cry and whine and moan about how the OTHER candidate is hurting Illinois. They're costing us all money. Let me lay it out for you, politicians. I. DON'T. CARE. Wayne Rosenthal, I don't care if Charlie Landers called your mom fat in the first grade! What are YOU going to do to fix Illinois?! Lady with the babies on the flier, I appreciate that you are against abortion, but are you also against trees? Do you all hate the environment? Because all you are doing with these stupid - yes I said STUPID - and wasteful fliers is playing a schoolyard game of he said/she said. I don't think any of you should win. My cat would make a better state rep than any of you if all you can do is bad-mouth each other. Shame on you all! Tell me what you are going to do to fix the schools, to create jobs, to do your stinking job! What is it about politics that is so attractive that the loudest richest mouth wins? When did it stop being about helping people? And why on earth is it so important to win the stupid thing that you have to drag each other through the mud?! Just be nice, for goodness sake! If I were Santa Claus, you wouldn't even get a lump of coal in your stocking - you'd get nothing! Campaign to me when you have something constructive to say - when you have actual ideas about how to fix my state. None of you gets my vote. Ezzy out!

Dear friends, what you have just witnessed is Ezzy going off. Any of you that are still reading, congratulations. You can wipe the spittle from your cheek and politely excuse yourself - I promise I will try to be better tomorrow. Blessed evening and restful sleep to you all.

1 comment:

  1. My Dearest Ezzy,
    Each day when I get the mail out of the box and hold in my hand a multitude of political fliers, I think of you. You have always loved trees and I wonder which politician is killing the most trees for something that never gets read and never even makes it into the house since the garbage can is next to the driveway. Thank you for your rant. It said everything I think quite frequently and I truly enjoyed reading it while picturing your expressions in my mind.

    ReplyDelete