Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 4 - Of Death and Life

Cemeteries have the best trees - have you ever noticed? The branches always seem to stretch gnarly hands across the skies and block out just the perfect amount of light so the shadows playing across the grave stones are properly solemn . . . I did something new today. Since this project is about more than just taking photographs, I decided to branch out and walk over to Carlinville's Calgary Cemetery. Though I have lived here all my life, I had never been to this particular cemetery, and I thought it was about time. I found nothing remarkable there. I had no great epiphanies. We all think about death. I am no different. But as I wondered around all those crumbling monuments to our mortality, I did feel a little peaceful and fairly free. Here is what I made of it --


A Blessed Thursday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment