Monday, November 1, 2010

Days 20, 21 and 22 - Oh the Colors!

The second year wedding anniversary is typically either the "cotton" anniversary or the "china" anniversary (according to Google) and since October 11 was my 2 year anniversary, Josh and I decided to go with china. We could really use some new sheets, but we are hosting Thanksgiving this year and 8 plates was absolutely not enough. So I have been on the hunt. See, I guess when it comes to certain things I am really picky. Take, for example, my wedding registry. I searched high and low to find a comforter for the bedroom. I registered for three I think, received two as wedding gifts and still none was exactly what I had in mind. By the third store we registered at, Josh was ready to kill me and wouldn't let me leave until I had picked on. (By the way, I love both the comforters we received as gifts and I do use both. Thanks to Mom S and the girls at work!) The china, though, was quite easier to pick out. At Bed, Bath and Beyond, they let you sit down in this little room with them and look through this book filled with this amazing china. Beautiful china! Well, we found one right away that we fell in love with. So we asked how much it was. They wouldn't tell us. I know. I thought it was weird too. Well, we got home and just got on our registry on-line and found that one place setting was over $100. We asked for 12. There was no way we were getting that for our wedding - wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. We left it on the registry anyway and, yep. You're right. We didn't get any. Except for one soup bowl. It was sooooooooo pretty, but we had to return it. (Because what do you do with one soup bowl?) But luckily, when we went to spend our wedding gift cards we found some solid colored plates I loved at Target and got 4 settings in a spicy color and four in a sagey green. I love them! They are heavy and pretty and have been great. So I thought I would get more for this anniversary. Guess what colors Target doesn't carry? Yep. Spicy orange and sagey green. But Saturday while in Springfield we found chocolate brown. And OH. MY. GOODNESS. They look amazing with my orange and green.



Sunday was an eventful day as well and I spent my late afternoon painting our bedroom. I decided to be really brave and paint about a third of the room burnt orange. (Don't turn up your nose until you come over and see it. It is actually really pretty!) The rest of the room I painted an olive green color.



Do you see a trend? What can I say - I love love love those earthy colors.

Nothing quite so colorful today, I am afraid, but I did get to wear a new pair of shoes that I absolutely love.



Boring I know but it's been one of my favorite things about today. My other favorite things include getting great feedback on some portraits I did and having lunch out with my mom. (Hi Mom! I had a great time seeing you for lunch today!) Finally, I want to give a shout out to my Josh - Happy 7 Years Together - Not Married, But Happily In Each Other's Lives And I Love You!
Happy November, friends. Sleep well and have a blessed tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love the earthy colors too. Sage green, chocolate brown, burnt orange, burgundy. That's my house! :) Love the dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete