Monday, November 15, 2010

Days 33-36 - Catching Up

Wow it has been several days since I posted, but trust me, I have been taking my photos. Let's start all the way back on Friday.

Day 33 - Work in Process
My brother Scot was in town for the weekend and he brought a project with him. He is helping out with this year's production of the Nutcracker at Blackburn College and one of his duties is to create a Nutcracker head. He doesn't quite have it done yet, but he brought it to show me what he has so far.


My mom taught me to crochet when I was six and I still remember her holding up a chained piece of yarn saying how amazing she thought it was that you could turn a simple piece of thread into a blanket, a sweater, a decoration. Well, Scot, awesome job created a ginaormous head out of cardboard. I know it's been a lot of work; it shows, bro. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see it finished.

Day 34 - A New Car!

And you have to say it in the radio anouncer voice - "a NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEWWWW Caaaaaarrrrr!!!" Well ok. I didn't get my new car on Saturday. We won't talk about that. It's been a rough day. But I did pick out a new car on Saturday so I thought it only fitting to give the old one a little homage - but only a little.


RIP Sunbird. Or DIP (Drive In Peace)!

Day 35 - Potato Soup

Josh and I love the Klondike Gold potatoes. They are red skinned potatoes with a yellowish flesh. I think we got them by mistake one day but they were so good when I made my garlic mashed potatoes that we just kept buying them. I find it interesting that something grown in the ground can be so pretty. They are, after all, just roots, but in the early afternoon sun they look so beautiful. I picture a woman with heavy but perfect features, eyes closed, hands to her heart, facing the sun after a long bout of cold dreary weather. It may be fleeting, but the light warms her skin and the shadows wallow heavily amoung the crevices of her flesh . . . but then again, maybe they are just potatoes.



Day 36 - The Jury's Still Out

Ok. So as I alluded to earlier, I am getting a new car. Well, I got a new car but, oh my goodness, was it a fight today. I ended up having to use a different payment method than planned and I am not 100% comfortable with it. But we don't have much choice other this so I guess it will have to do. I can't go another winter with no heat or suspension and holes in the car roof. Pray that we can make this work! Don't get me wrong. I love my new car. It feels like it was made for me. Today has just been really strange. Hence the mind dump that is happening before your very eyes.



Jury's still out. I pray it's half full.

Peaceful rest to you dear friends, and may your tomorrow be filled with blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment