Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 28 - Free Chairs!

Not long after Josh and I got married, a friend was selling her couch and love seat. She gave them to us for a really good price but we were then left with a question - what to do with the old couch. It was still in decent condition and didn't really warrant being thrown away so we set it out by our driveway with a sign that said FREE. It took a couple days but finally a nice couple came along, loaded it up and took it to its nice new home. Now I wouldn't say I believe in total Karma, but I really do think that what goes around, comes around. Josh and I were heading home from Dad and Kelly's today when we drove past a house with two chairs out front with a sign that said "Free Chairs". They obviously wouldn't fit in our Grand Am so we headed back to Dad's and asked really nicely for Dad to help us out by loading them in Kelly's Rendezvous. So, needless to say, we are now the proud owners of two awesome free chairs!


And that is all I have for you today. Nothing extraordinary happened - just a couple of free chairs. Just something to keep in mind next time you are thinking about doing something a little selfless.
I hope, dear friends, your weekend went well and you have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment