Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 63 - Cantata

Dec 12 was the combined St Paul's UCC/Federated Church choir cantata. So of course there was snow. Quite a lot of it. Hence the photograph of our winter protection.



It's the same every year - I get super excited in the fall when they choose the cantata we'll be singing. I have a lot of fun getting reacquainted with it, practicing the music, getting psyched for Christmas. Then something happens. I don't know if I get bored with it or if I just get nervous but a few weeks before rehearsal, I can't wait for it to all be over. But then, on the Sunday morning as we start singing and I look at all the supportive and loving faces in the church, it hits me - God gave us these gifts to use and we are using them! And if my singing can make one person feel more Christmas-y then the whole thing was worth it.

Stay tuned, dear friends. There is much more to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment