Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 61 - A Talent I Don't Have

 I love my baby brother. Scot and I have always been close. He choreographed a dance for me to the song "Desert Rose" when we were in high school. It was a moving piece and he danced his heart out for me. His birthday was not long after that and I decided I would make him a t-shirt with a rose opening over a desert scene. I bought that RIT Dye and worked on painting on this shirt for hours. Then I through it in the washing machine to rinse it so he could wear it. And the dye ran. And ran. And ran. When I pulled it out of the wash, it was nothing but a gray blue smudge. I cried. Hard. It wasn't the work I had put into, but I was heartbroken that this token of my love for my baby brother was destroyed the night before I needed to give it to him. He knew of course that I loved him and loved his dance, but I really felt my heart break when I saw that blob.
Scot lives in Macomb now. He's the shop carpenter for the theatre department at Western Illinois University so I don't get to see him very often anymore and I never get to see him dance. But this Christmas season he helped choreograph, direct, and dance in the Carlinville Summer Repertory Theatre's production of The Nutcracker and on day 61, I got to see my baby brother dance again. Here is in practice.


Keep on dreaming of rain, baby bro. You're never too old for your big sis to love to watch you practice a talent she doesn't have.

That's me for this evening dear friends. Much more catching up will follow in the next week or so. Sweet dreams and have a blessed tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment